This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AVG Quarantining PWE?

Here's a quick screenie guide for anyone that doesn't know how to stop their AVG quarantining the pwe.exe. This is the quick fix to removing the Heuristics problem that AVG and the PWE client can have.

Bare in mind that other software's use Heuristics too with no problems, but if you like AVG for the same reason i do, you might try this option instead of uninstalling and replacing with something different. I've never had to do any of this personally and my avg is up to date.

Re: AVG Quarantining PWE?

Nice one Akane, made it sticky.

Fen

Comment

Totally called this ages ago lol but huge kudos for making a guide!

Comment

yh its part the reason i made the screenie guide cuz even thot we talked bout it ppl are still getting the problems. so thought id just show them how to fix the issue. Hope it helps at any rate.

Comment

Ah so thats how you fix it! Tyvm Akane :)

Comment

haha no thnx needed m8, i was just afk watching rainbow get god stones and my mind melted so thought id try be productive.

Comment

I've tried everything with AVG that I can think of but I'm having no joy getting game to start on my laptop....

I've followed the steps Akane lays out above, I've restored the file from virus vault, I've made it an exception in the resident shield exception option etc etc but still AVG is being a pain in the butt and refusing to bypass the file....anything else I should do ??
              Any help appreciated, thanks :))

Comment

Strangely enough I also had problems with AVG but only on my laptop. I've given up on it and removed it completely and reinstalled PWE.

Comment

Working...
                X