Patch status 03/03/18

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patch status 03/03/18

Okey so please accept our apologise for the the big mess that has been going on with the patch since yesterday morning.

There has been an issue with the models.pck and its size.

We prepared that a lot but as usual when you want to make process something shit happens ...

Basically the models.pck was not supposed to be bigger than 2GB, we know that but just few extra files messed things up even with our tests sessions that were successful. We thought it would be all good .. :-/

Anyway if you have tried to patch either with auto or manual the patch 665-666 screwed your clients, and more precisely your models.pck/pkx

We recommend as a precaution that your backup your game folder before proceeding with the update to ensure you can till play incase anything goes wrong.

We fixed everything that is on the patch server so:

1) If you have either manually or automatically updated your client and that is all screwed up you need to [s]run a FIX
    Go to your game folder and run that file "Perfect World Vision\launcher\fixit.bat"
    Then proceed to verify the game by clicking the verify button in the patcher.
    This is going to take hours - be patient. The program will run through all your files and redownload the missing/broken ones[/s]

2) You have read and listened to Index's notes and you did nothing and are still version 665
    Good for you. You can download and patch your client with these patches:

Manual Patches

Once to version 667 you can auto-patch to 668 (that's a small one)

It was a BIG client patch and we have had many issues as you have noticed - for the next couple of days it could be possible that you'll notice some issues with some icons or models, mobs or NPC, flight that wont work (either nothing will show up or you'll have a big red ERR instead of the model).
    This is unlikely but we prefer to warn you.

In such case you'll be welcome to screenshot it and report it to a GM or here on the forum :)

Note: We have not processed the planned shop update yet

Thank you!
    Last edited by Index; 03-06-2018, 09:33 AM.
    sigpic

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahaaha

Comment

Update, while you can login updated to this version, there are several issues present, please ensure if you do update past 665 that you keep uptodate with the incoming fixes.
      My recommendation is to Stick to version 665 for now. or at least keep a backup of this.

If you had updated to version 666+ on either the old broken version or the 'fixed' version i can recommend you install a fresh client and use manual patches to reach version 665 then launch the game from the "element\elementclient.exe" inside the game folder.

or follow the method mentioned in the post above about verifying your game.

You can find manual patches here: https://thisisour.vision/forum/pwe-p...download-links
      Last edited by Index; 03-05-2018, 05:36 PM.
      Game Master

Game RulesRulesDiscord

Comment

why you have to make this so frigging hard to do

Comment

so is last 2 updates from Frank work or not ???

Comment

Originally posted by reddragon13 View Post
            so is last 2 updates from Frank work or not ???
            If you stay on client v665 you will still be able to log in for now as you would of the last couple weeks.
            If you fully update your client to at the time of writing this 669 you will be able to log in and play with several minor icon issues + 1 crash related to faction menu's

If before this post was made you had updated to v666 or higher you will either need to verify or reinstall the game, which recommends using the bins and manual patches if you were gonna do.

we are working on fixing the issues with the crashes and major game breaking issues taking priority. But good new you should be able to log in and play now.
            Game Master

Game RulesRulesDiscord

Comment

to much for pwe is this update lol .....and why GM make update is no ppl on server ????

Comment

Yeah update 666 should have known better than to use it

Comment

Quick update, most major issues have been dealt with post 665, we have a few minor icon issues for buffs left to be sorted but have yet to discover any other issues. You should be relatively safe to update to the latest version as of this update which is 671 but as always keep a back up of game version 665 as a safety net in case issues come to light.

We would appreciate that any players who update to version 671+ report any issues they encounter to me. You can easily contact me via our discord server here: https://discord.gg/cuWG6wW
                  Game Master

Game RulesRulesDiscord

Comment

have been on version 671 all day so far all been fine with me

Comment

I updated yesterday , and could not play the game since would freeze and then get a screen to report the error . So at one point I unstalled the game and am now trying to reinstall did the manual patches but 658 is taking forever to download . Is anyone else having problems with the psp downloading the last two or three patches.

Comment

ye it don't work you will have to download all the manual patchs till you get to 667 then do auto update

Comment

Patch 672 released fixing broken buff/debuff icons.
                          Game Master

Game RulesRulesDiscord

Comment

I reinstalled the game twice and now getting software error messages.like I did on saturday.
                            where I would log in and if I moved the screen would freeze and would boot me and then see error report. is that something to do with the download or laptop.

Comment

Originally posted by casiopia View Post
                              I reinstalled the game twice and now getting software error messages.like I did on saturday.
                              where I would log in and if I moved the screen would freeze and would boot me and then see error report. is that something to do with the download or laptop.
                              What error msg you getting. ? is it possible you are patching your client with the broken manual patches?
                              Game Master

Game RulesRulesDiscord

Comment

Working...
                              X